Thank you for your interest in becoming an Apprentice through the WBFAA UATC Apprenticeship Training Program.
To become an Apprentice in our program, you must first be hired by a member company of the WBFAA UATC. Please complete and submit the enclosed Apprentice Application to our office along with documentation outlined in the Apprenticeship Application Process.
Once you application is received, we will create a file for you and send you a listing of member companies with contact information. This will give you the opportunity to inquire about employment opportunities as an Apprentice in the field of Fire/Life Safety.
When a member company contacts our office in search of an Apprentice for hire, you will be contacted and referred to the member company that made the request. Once hired, you may begin the process of application to become an Apprentice in our program.
For complete information on our program, please refer to www.wbfaa.net or contact us with any questions.
Apprenticeship Application Process
(This form is for individuals not employed by a member company of the WBFAA UATC.)
1. All applications must include the following documents:
- A certified copy of birth certificate
- Copy of high school diploma or transcripts with date of graduation
- Copy of GED or another equivalent document
2. Completed applications, along with additional forms of documentation, may be submitted in person or by U.S. mail.
3. Applications will be time and date stamped upon receipt at the WBFAA UATC Training Office and a sequential number will be assigned. The applicant's information will be added to the Pool of Eligible.
4. Applications will be reviewed for the following:
- All areas completed
- Signature of applicant
- All required documents
- Should there be a problem with the application, it will be returned to the applicant with an explanation of the problem and any necessary instructions.
- A sequential number will not be assigned to any application that is not properly executed.
5. A file for the individual applicant will be created for the Pool of Eligible which will be maintained for two years.
6. The individual applicant will be provided with a listing of all employers assented to the WBFAA UATC (member companies) unless the applicant requests only a selected area of the state. A memo of such request will be made a part of the individual applicant's file.
7. The individual applicant is required to contact the WBFAA UATC Training Office upon hire or rejection by assented employer.
8. Should the individual applicant be hired by an assented employer, the WBFAA UATC Training Office shall contact the employer and inform said employer of the requirements of the DAS 1 and DAS 7.
Any applicant not hired by an assented employer will retain their position on the sequential list unless the applicant states otherwise.
9. Should an assented employer request an apprentice, the WBFAA UATC Training Office will provide the employer with the top three names and phone numbers from the sequential list. The employer must be informed of the requirements of the program upon signing the DAS 1.
WBFAA UATC Apprentice Application
Call, email, or complete the form on this page to contact us.
- 333 Washington Blvd., Marina del Rey, CA 90292
- (800) 809-0280
We're Here to Help
Please complete the form below and a member of our staff will respond within 1 business day.
"*" indicates required fields
Get The Latest News & Updates
Stay updated on new content and course material, ordinance updates and more from the WBFAA!
"*" indicates required fields
The WBFAA provides content, courses and administrative management for Certified Technicians for member companies who are required to complete 32 hours of continuing education every three years to renew their certification. The WBFAA is authorized by the State of California to approve continuing education courses.
Barkin, Perren, Schwager & Dolan
21700 Oxnard Street #950
Woodland Hill, CA 91367